Alfred De Courcy made whistles between 1888 and 1927.
He registered numerous patents:
- 1905-9499 for a whistle with folding knife blade
- 1906-3725 for a new design of GSW components that gives a diaphragm with a grove across the middle
- 1913-17165 for a new design of diaphragm that projects like a tongue into the mouthpiece
- 1915-20 for ‘cup-shaped members’ … still haven’t got much idea what this was
- 1916-101303 for a new design of 2-piece cap involving a bent strip of metal or washer to form the loop